Sunday, June 04, 2006

Oh Happy Day!

Today was fantastic!!!

My good friend who's graduating this week from Harvard with an MDiv got back from moving his stuff to Atlanta where he'll be pursuing a ThM at Emory University in the fall. His parents and brother are all flying to Boston from Seoul, S. Korea to celebrate with him! It has to have been hard on him to have been so far away from home for 4 years now, the Lord has certainly granted him a lot of strength. Anyway, I really missed him and I'm so happy for him to be moving on to this next phase in his life!

And today was Pentecost Sunday! The Birthday of the Church!!! What a great thing! Cardinal O'Malley of the Archdiocese of Boston came to my parish, St. Clement Shrine, to celebrate the Mass. It was AWESOME!!!! The Mass was beautiful and really moving!!! I had such a wonderful time at Mass!

This is the main altar at St. Clement's (it is so beautiful!)


And then, how appropriate is it for there to have been a fire in my dorm on Pentecost? I mean, talk about the tongues of fire! But, there wasn't really a fire. One of my dormmates forgot a pot she had cooking on the stove and all the water boiled away and her corn burned and smoked and caused the fire alarms to go off! So, we all got to go outside and truly experience community...oh, and some of the girls were really happy to see "sexy, axe-wielding firemen!" Leave it to Divinity students to try and start a fire on Pentecost!


Oh, and it's 90 days till the Sooners 2006 kickoff!!!!!!!!


What an AWESOME day!!

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!
Pentecost Sunday

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scotty! Sounds like you had an exciting day. Don't you just love it when you go to church and feel blessed...and that's the way it should be!! That's how I feel at our current church every week. You can really tell when God is present at a church, can't you?

Keep writing and I'll keep reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home