Friday, December 29, 2006

Requiescat in Pace

While I abhore the death penalty I most assuredly do not think that Saddam Hussein was a good person. I believe that he was a tyrant, a bully, a war criminal and genocidal maniac.

However, I believe that he deserves the same dignity and compassion Christ showed to those who imprisoned and executed him. What Saddam Hussein did, the way he chose to live his life...and, yes, the way he died, saddens and angers me.

Let us pray for the repose of his soul.

Requiescat in Pace
Saddam Hussein
1937-2006

Catholic prayer for the dead:

Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May the souls of the faithful departed
through the mercy of God rest in peace.

Amen +++

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!
5th day of Christmastide,
and Feast of St. Thomas Becket

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sooner Scotty,

My name is Fr. Harrington. I am with the vocation office for the Archdiocese of Boston. I came across your blog and noticed in one of your logs that you are discerning a vocation. I recognize of course that you are discerning for your diocese. However, if I can be of assistance while you are in boston please let me know. We are having a discernment retreat here in the Archdiocese that you might be interested in. May God bless your discernment.

Fr. Michael Harrington
Assistant Director of Vocations
Archdiocese of Boston
Mharrington@rcab.org
617-746-5949

 

Post a Comment

<< Home