Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Being an Alum is so cool!

It took me a bloody long time to finish college at the University of Oklahoma (link). I didn't even start college until I was 25, and then it took me another eight years to finally finish at 33 years old! Now I know there are plenty of other college students out there who are/were older than I was when I graduated, but it is still sooo bloody cool that I'm an alum.

I received my email Oklahoma Alumni Association (link) update today and it made my day to just think about the fact that I'm now an alum. I feel so blessed to have been able to not only attend such an absolutely fabulous educational institution, but also to be a graduate.

I worked so hard, for so long, and with so much adversity (again, not discounting others experiences) to have made the dream of a college degree a reality that sometimes it seems really surreal.

I learned so much while at OU and I had such a good time doing it, and above all I made the absolute best friends a guy could ask for!

Being an alum and reflecting on that just makes me really, really happy!

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Anita said...

Scott!!
I must admit I was so happy to see your comment on my blog!!! Just so you know I have been reading your blog in silence for a couple of months now. So, I am returning the favor and breaking my silence to leave you a comment!
I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished & am so glad that Sooner Blood runs through you too!
Keep Blogging,'cause I will keep reading!
Love,
Your Anita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home