Saturday, November 03, 2007

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!

So, I've been on the road most of this week traveling across the Navajo and Hopi Nations. Let me tell you, this is some of the most beautiful country in the world!

Having grown up in the humid south, it was a little (ok, a lot!) dry for me. But, this just may be the most beautiful part of Indian Country...and it's definitely the most beautiful part I've ever been too.

I wanted to go to the Grand Canyon, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $25 to see God's creation. There is just something morally wrong about charging people to see God's creation and perhaps I made a mistake, and should have gone ahead and paid to see it, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

So, though my photographic talent doesn't do the region justice, here's some pictures for your enjoyment.

This is a roadside stand that sells Indian arts near Tuba City, Navajo Nation. I LOVE the fact they advertise themselves as "Nice Indians"...too funny!

This is on the Hopi Reservation near Tuba City, Navajo Nation.

On the Hopi near 2nd Mesa.

At the Hubbel Trading Post near Ganado, Navajo Nation.

At the Navajo Nation Museum in Window Rock, Navajo Nation.

Dine' College in Tsaile, Navajo Nation (Dine' is the Navajo word for themselves).

Near Tsaile, Navajo Nation.

Wheatfield Lake, Navajo Nation.

Near Ft. Defiance, Navajo Nation.

So, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Phoenix and they were nice enough to leave water in my room for my convenience. Nice, huh?

Note that the convenient water costs $5.25, but they'll bill me for it...oh, and they'll replace it for me too. What a deal!

All in all, it was a great trip.

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!

Feast of St. Martin de Porres (1579-1639)

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

Gorgeous pictures! And it is a bit dry-or more than a bit-dry there. Did I forget to tell you that?

In case you missed it, the Sooners did pretty well last night too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home