Thursday, January 18, 2007

The coolest thing...

I've got one more final due tomorrow...YAY!!! I have about 6-7 more pages to go on it and then I'll be finished with the fall semester here.

But, there's no rest for the wicked holy (HA!)...while HDS doesn't start classes again until Jan. 31 I'm taking a class over at Weston Jesuit School of Theology and it starts on Monday. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. The class looks really interesting though:

ST 374~~Theology of Culture
Professor: Dominic Doyle
How does the study of culture, which integrates the various branches of inquiry into human meaning, challenge and invigorate theological reflection? Through lecture and discussion, this course explores how the rise of cultural studies transforms the nature and purpose of theology. Readings from authors such as: H. R. Niebuhr, Kathryn Tanner, Charles Taylor, Jon Sobrino, Aloysius Pieris, Benezet Bujo, Nicholas Boyle, William Cavanaugh, Robert Schreiter, and Judith Perkins.
~~~
In other cool news: I noticed this cool add on that lets you hover over a link on your blog and it brings a small window up that lets you see a preview of the site being linked to. After seeing it on several blogs I read I finally found the instructions for it here:

Mulier Fortis
Oh wow! I commented on the fact that several blogs hosted by Wordpress had the really snazzy ability to "see" another webpage by hovering the cursor over the link.

The DĂșnadan has obviously been exploring, because he discovered how to do it too... and he was kind enough to put up the information for the rest of us (and gave me a mention in the process!)

The code can be found on the Snap.com website (and they tell you where it goes as well, so you don't need to be afraid of the big bad html beastie that lurks behind every template!!)I promise you, it's easy as pie... try hovering over some of my links, just to prove it!

Totally free, and oh so cool!

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!
Feast of St. Charles of Sezze

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home