Monday, May 14, 2007

updates...

So, I passed my Theological Spanish Exam and am now set to graduate from Harvard Divinity...that is assuming I pass all my classes. Harvard has a very odd schedule and so we are still finishing up classes through next week. I've got two more papers to do and a final on the 25th, then graduation is on June 7th.

On Thursday I'll be flying to Ithaca, New York for an interview at Cornell University. It is for a student services position (recruitment, admissions, etc.) in Cornell's American Indian Program. I'm excited about the opportunity...wish me luck, send a few prayers out, and I'll keep you informed.

Other than that things are pretty quiet around here...of course it is finals period for us, so that might explain it.

I'm excited about graduating, but kind of sad at the same time. I don't really have any family and graduation is just another one of those life moments when you'd normally have family around and everyone's happy. But, I'll be by myself and as much as I try to tell myself it's ok, it still gets to me. Seeing everyone with their families and the happiness they experience makes it just that much more apparent that portion of my life is missing.

I probably won't go to any of the commencement activities because of that. I don't know, I'd rather be by myself and alone, than be by myself in the midst of others. Also, most of the good friends I've made here aren't graduating because they're in the MDiv program which is three years and mine is a two year program.

It's happy and sad, maybe melancholy is a better word(?), all at the same time. But, then I'm also stressed with this interview and finishing up classes too.

Oh, well...

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

Congratulations on graduating and thanks for your kind words on my blog! Good luck with the job interview!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

What I meant was, I hope you get the job. I did know that the interview had already taken place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home