Monday, November 05, 2007

Music Monday & Week in Review

Music Monday

1. Intertribal Whistle Song. Cozad
2. Kryptonite. 3 Doors Down
3. Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey. The Beatles
4. Bus Driver. Caedmon's Call
5. Great Expectations. Steven Curtis Chapman
6. Live. Nichole Nordeman
7. Brass Monkey. Beastie Boys
8. Paris. Faith Hill
9. The Fightin' Side of Me. Merle Haggard
10. Knee Deep. George Clinton

The rules, for bloggers who want to play:
Get your iPod or media-player of choice set the thing to shuffle, then post the first ten songs that come out. No cheating, no matter how stupid it makes you feel!


Week in Review
This section is new and I'm just trying it out. I'm borrowing/aquiring/stealing this idea and format from Who Am I...Thanks Who Am I! Though most of this is from 2 weeks ago since I was out of town last week...but you get the point.

Reading-
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
This book has received rave reviews, but I just don't get it. It was a good enough read. I kept turning pages to see if something major was going to happen, but it never really did. The book just seemed to go on and on with no discernable reason. Oh well, if you're just looking for something to read I suppose it's ok.

Watching-
Heroes
I didn't watch this at all before this year because it came on at the same time as 24, which I LOVE. But, I started watching it this season and I have to say I'm intrigued even though I don't know what happened last season. I'm still a little confused by the story-line, but I keep watching so it can't be that bad.

The Hills
This is my big, dark secret...I'm a fan of MTV's The Hills. I love this show. It is so totally wrong. It's a semi-reality (meaning MTV knows the characters schedules and such, but it's unscripted) show that follows some really, really rich 20-somethings as they live out their lives in Beverly Hills. I like this show mainly to see the absolutely insanity of these kids lives.

In My Netflix Queue-
The Fox and the Hound
I wanted to see this and relive part of my childhood, but you know what...it wasn't as good as I remember it being. The animation was really poor and it was readily apparent that this was a movie Disney was hoping would save its fortunes in the early 80s. Though the part where the fox and hound meet each other and the hound says "I'm a hound dog...hoooowwwl!" Is just as funny now, as it was in my childhood.

The R.M
This movie was about a Mormon missionary who returns home from his 2 year mission to find that his parents don't really miss him and his girlfriend left him. That's about as far as I got. This movie was horrible. I couldn't even watch it to the end. I maybe watched 30 minutes of it before I turned it off.

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
This HBO movie followed the plight of the Lakota during the late 1880s culminating in the Massacre of Wounded Knee in 1890. The movie was supposed to be fairly well-balanced between the Euro-American view and the Lakota view. I suppose it was, but I felt it got some of the historical facts mixed up and that those mistakes will cause some people to misinterpret what the Lakota were experiencing. I suppose it was a really good attempt, but I just feel it really fell short, though I'd still give it 3 stars on the Netflix scale.

Listening-
Carnival Ride, the new album from Carrie Underwood
This album is amazing! It's better than her first one and every track is a winner!

I especially love the song So Small. I literally cried the first time I heard it. It's amazing!


Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!
Feast of Ven. Solanus Casey (1870-1957)

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

You can still call me Melessa. I thought the "Who Am I" looked better above my profile and didn't realize it would become my new 'identity.' But then I liked it when I saw it. I borrowed the Week In Review from someone else too. She's a web designer and has since abandoned it in favor of putting all that info in her sidebar. I'm not that html clever. I'll stick with my Sunday reviews.

Anyway, I hated the RM too. It bloated every LDS stereotype in a very unfunny and unflattering way. I didn't last 30 minutes either. I did like "The Best Two Years" and "God's Army." I also found "The Singles Ward" very funny, but you might have to be LDS to like that one. I'm not sure.
You're the second person to really like Heroes that I've read this week. I'm thinking I should check that show out soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home