Here's a Christmas Meme I found floating around the internet...I hereby tag whoever wants to play!
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper...there just isn't the same excitement when one "rips" open a bag.
- Real Tree or Artificial? Right now...no tree. But, if I had one it'd definitely be artificial cause I would get around to vacuuming dead needles until like July.
- When do you put up the tree? See #2. But if I had a tree or decorations at all, they would most definitely NOT go up until Christmas Eve!
- When do you take the tree down? Feast of the Epiphany. Christmas is not a day, it is a season, and it lasts from Christmas Eve to the Epiphany. I actually get quite stirred up when I start seeing peoples trees in the trash starting on the 26th.
- Do you like eggnog? Hells yeah I like eggnog. There's an eggnog made by a local ice cream company that costs $10 for a half gallon here...I haven't broken down and bought it yet, but I want to!
- Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, a friend sent me a Native American Nativity set a few years ago. It's awesome, has a teepee for the manger, and buffalos and horses...it's way cool!
- Hardest person to buy for? Definitely Jesus...I mean, it is His birthday after all!
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well, at the chance of sounding unappreciative...when I was a teenager, I wanted what all teenagers want---a car. I specifically wanted a red '65 Mustang. My Grandmother actually wrapped a Mustang Hot Wheels car for me and told me it was my car...that was just mean!
- Mail Christmas cards? I buy them every year and never send them. Though I did manage to send two this year.
- Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story, hands down! "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!"
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually about 4:30 on Christmas Eve...Holiday Hell, it's quite the rush!
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? If you mean "regift," I can't remember doing it, but am not opposed to it.
- Clear lights or colored? Clear
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint ice cream...where I grew up, it was only available at Christmas.
- Favorite Christmas song? Hands down, Adeste Fidelis.
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually travel in order to stay at home.
- Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No, and I don't want to! Reindeer are scary, scary, scary...I mean, hooved animals shouldn't fly! I think they might just be minions of the Devil!
- Angel on tree or star? Angel...it is a Christian Holy Day (i.e. holiday)!
- Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Well, as a Catholic who normally goes to Midnight Mass, I would say after Mass. I guess that would then be Christmas morning...so, Christmas morning.
- Most annoying thing about this time of year? Having to witness all kinds of Christmas stuff before Christmas! Refer to #3 & 4.
- Best thing about this time of year? All the focus on our Lord and Savior!
Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!