Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Meme...

Here's a Christmas Meme I found floating around the internet...I hereby tag whoever wants to play!

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper...there just isn't the same excitement when one "rips" open a bag.
  2. Real Tree or Artificial? Right now...no tree. But, if I had one it'd definitely be artificial cause I would get around to vacuuming dead needles until like July.
  3. When do you put up the tree? See #2. But if I had a tree or decorations at all, they would most definitely NOT go up until Christmas Eve!
  4. When do you take the tree down? Feast of the Epiphany. Christmas is not a day, it is a season, and it lasts from Christmas Eve to the Epiphany. I actually get quite stirred up when I start seeing peoples trees in the trash starting on the 26th.
  5. Do you like eggnog? Hells yeah I like eggnog. There's an eggnog made by a local ice cream company that costs $10 for a half gallon here...I haven't broken down and bought it yet, but I want to!
  6. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, a friend sent me a Native American Nativity set a few years ago. It's awesome, has a teepee for the manger, and buffalos and horses...it's way cool!
  7. Hardest person to buy for? Definitely Jesus...I mean, it is His birthday after all!
  8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well, at the chance of sounding unappreciative...when I was a teenager, I wanted what all teenagers want---a car. I specifically wanted a red '65 Mustang. My Grandmother actually wrapped a Mustang Hot Wheels car for me and told me it was my car...that was just mean!
  9. Mail Christmas cards? I buy them every year and never send them. Though I did manage to send two this year.
  10. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story, hands down! "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!"

  11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually about 4:30 on Christmas Eve...Holiday Hell, it's quite the rush!
  12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? If you mean "regift," I can't remember doing it, but am not opposed to it.
  13. Clear lights or colored? Clear
  14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint ice cream...where I grew up, it was only available at Christmas.
  15. Favorite Christmas song? Hands down, Adeste Fidelis.

  16. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually travel in order to stay at home.
  17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No, and I don't want to! Reindeer are scary, scary, scary...I mean, hooved animals shouldn't fly! I think they might just be minions of the Devil!
  18. Angel on tree or star? Angel...it is a Christian Holy Day (i.e. holiday)!
  19. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Well, as a Catholic who normally goes to Midnight Mass, I would say after Mass. I guess that would then be Christmas morning...so, Christmas morning.
  20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Having to witness all kinds of Christmas stuff before Christmas! Refer to #3 & 4.
  21. Best thing about this time of year? All the focus on our Lord and Savior!

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

"Christmas is not a day, it is a season, and it lasts from Christmas Eve to the Epiphany. I actually get quite stirred up when I start seeing peoples trees in the trash starting on the 26th."

Me too.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

My name is Rev Robert Wright, Editor for Christian.com, a social network made specifically for Christians, by Christians. We embarked on this endeavor to offer the entire Christian community an outlet to join together and better spread the good word of Christianity. Christian.com has many great features like Christian TV, prayer requests, finding a church, receiving church updates and advice. We have emailed you to collaborate with you and your blog to help spread the good word of Christianity. I look forward to your response regarding this matter. Thanks!


Rev. Robert Wright
rev.robertwright@gmail.com
www.christian.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home