Monday, August 21, 2006

Well, the summer is almost over! It has gone by so fast. Most of the summer residents moved out of the dorm this weekend, so the building is kinda empty again. It makes me miss my friends all the more. I can't wait until they get back to Cambridge here in a few weeks.

I realized that I never posted about my experience at the museum. Needless to say, or maybe it is needed, I had the best time ever!!! I got to work on two upcoming exhibits and work on several items in the conservation lab. I learned so much and made some great friends. One of the guys at the museum is from Nebraska so we razzed each other every chance we got about our football loyalties. Anyway, here are some pics of a couple of the things I worked on in the conservation lab...


On the left is a pair of children's moccasins from the southern plains that I worked on...here I'm cleaning them with a low-suction vacuum with a hepa filter. On the right is an Apache toy cradleboard that I also worked on. I cleaned and stabalized it and built the box you see behind it!

And, hey! It's only 12 days until the Sooners kick-off! Boomer friggin' Sooner!

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger apr*l said...

I hate those purple gloves! They annoy me to no end, but we're always out of the clear ones on the 6th floor...

Will you be around the lab term-time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home