Friday, June 30, 2006

So, this week was busy (once again!) but really good.

I finished working on the moccasins and cradleboard at the museum this week. I cleaned them and made storage pallets, and for the cradleboard I custom-made a box for it to be stored in. I felt like I was back in kindergarten going around all proud of myself because I'd made a box! Ah, it's the simple stuff that keeps me going!


I started my summer language, theological Spanish, and it seems to be going well. The instructor seems really nice and she's from Miami, so we've been talking about home this week. There was only one downside...tonight after work I had a couple of hours before class, so I sat down to do some studying and the next thing I knew it was 9:30! Class gets out at 9:00 and I had fallen asleep studying!!! Oh well, life happens.

Have I mentioned how much I really dislike Harvard, the institution not the people? I really think that Harvard as an institution is more impersonal than a municipal government! We get paid on Friday's, but my check didn't come today and all they could tell me was maybe it will show up on Monday! Ummm, some of us are poor starving grad students who depend on the tiny compensation we get for the indentured seritude we provide Harvard! Well, at least I'm only going to be here another 11 months!!!

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!
Feast of the First Martyrs of the Church in Rome

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home