Sunday, December 10, 2006

Quote to live by...

I wish more pastors would use incense in the Mass. I love it! It bums me out when pastors give in to those people who complain about the smell of incense, I mean the Mass is an active walk through the scriptures. What's next, will pastors begin to give in when people complain about taste of the Eucharist?

How can you not walk through "Let my prayer be incense before you," (Psalm 141.2) or "Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a gold censer. He was given a great quantity of incense to offer, along with the prayers of all the holy ones, on the gold altar that was before the throne." (Rev. 8.3-4)

I found a great quote on the Young Fogeys blog, I'll paraphrase...

"There are 2 smells in the afterlife: incense or sulfur. You better get used to one of them!"

Incense...Oh, how I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home