Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


13 Pet Peeves

Special thanks to WorksForMom

(per usual...in no particular order)
  1. Not getting a real person when I call a company or service department.
  2. Not having what I need to do my work when I need it.
  3. People who don't know the difference between a "podium" and a "lectern." (answer: you stand on a podium, you speak from a lectern)
  4. Excuses.
  5. Stores that put carpet or uneven flooring at the location the carts are so you can't tell if your cart has a bad wheel.
  6. People who don't do what they say they will.
  7. Priests who don't follow the liturgy.
  8. Smokers & Smoking.
  9. Unironed clothes.
  10. People who listen to their iPods so loud that I know exactly what they're listening to...dude, turn it down!
  11. Elitism.
  12. Using selective scripture quotes to support a point...anybody can pick and choose scripture out of context.
  13. Professors who use the classroom to further their political/moral/ethical agenda.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger DrillerAA said...

To be more specific, left wing, liberal, intellectual elitism. Sorry you hit a nerve there.
I wouldn't mind number 13 so much if they would return the favor. In other words give the opposite view equal time.
And yes, anyone, including Satan himself can quote, or misquote scripture for his benefit.
Good list, have a great TT.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good TT list! I have already posted my Thursday and Friday, as I had a bad day today on some levels, and it is carrying over to my friday! LOL

Have a great TT!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

THESE WERE GREAT. I agree on all of them! Yours were so much more entertaining! :)

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger SJ Reidhead said...

#6 & #7

The priest one is great!

The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

 
At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea for a T13!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Great list! Thanks for clearing up that whole podium/lectern thing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home