Monday, December 11, 2006

The Sky might be friendly, but the airport?

I usually try to avoid all the mess that attends to the Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays debate. I do think it is ridiculous to force employees to use one phrase over another, especially if it's to avoid offending someone.

But the Seattle-Tacoma airport has removed (story here) all of its Christmas decorations because a local Rabbi threatened a lawsuit if the airport didn't add menorahs to the displays. This is ridiculous, the airport could afford to decorate for Christmas, but couldn't go ahead and purchase some menorahs too? That's just being cheap!

What I think is absolutely hilarious though, is the fact that the Rabbi was surprised by the airport's action! Sure, I agree that the airport shouldn't have taken the decorations down...but, hey, surely he had to have seen this as a possible outcome.

Give me a break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home