Sunday, January 21, 2007

Obama Baracks My World!

Now, I know a lot of my conservative friends are going to ream me for supporting Barack Obama...but, seriously the only thing I disagree with him on is abortion.

Barack Obama (link to his issues):
  • opposes same-sex marriage (he does support same-sex civil unions);
  • opposes the death penalty;
  • opposes a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage;
  • favors allowing churches to provide welfare services;
  • favors searching for fossil fuel alternatives;
  • favors greater defense spending;
  • favors earned citizenship for immigrants.
Yes, he does have a 100% pro-abortion voting record, but I'm willing to have a sit down with him to discuss the horrors of abortion...barring that, I will continue to pray for his evangelization on this subject.

So, yes I fully endorse and support Senator Obama in his bid for the White House (campaign site):

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger The Crescat said...

oooo. you so had me till I read this.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't read much about him, but from your description he seems to be worth a look.

By the way - just came across your blog; I lived in Tulsa, Ok for 12 years (Go Hurricanes!). Do they still have the tag line 'Oklahoma is OK' on the license plates? That always amused me; it's OK, not bad but not great - just OK :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home