Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Re: Wal-Mart and homosexuals

So, I realized I needed to clarify my position on Wal-Mart a little...

In case you didn't see, I posted a little while back about Wal-Mart catering to homosexual interests (read my original post
here). But, I realized that some people were reading it and assuming I was upset with Wal-Mart for catering to homosexual interests, but that isn't exactly what I meant.

I already despised Wal-Mart for other reasons and refuse to shop there when I have another option...which in small-town America those options are fewer and fewer!

I truly, truly hate Wal-Mart! But, not for their policy on homosexuals. Instead I hate Wal-Mart for their atrocious personnel and labor policies, not to mention the way they go into small communities and close small businesses. For more info on these issues you should see the movie Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price. It does a great job of showing how Wal-Mart is destroying small town businesses and how horribly they treat their employees. Sam Walton is probably turning over in his grave as you read!

Anyway, my surprise with Wal-Mart as it pertains to the homosexual issue is that it's, well, Wal-Mart! I mean this is a company whose core customer base is Red State red through and through...you know them--the gun owning, hunting, fishing, church on Wednesday night and twice on Sunday Christian, George W. Bush, Iraq War supporting, homophobic Red Staters!

I just can't believe it is Wal-Mart doing this...I mean the next thing you'll be telling me is that the Republican Party has decided to become Pro-Choice!

It's WAL-MART people!

I'm still overwhelmed by the irony of it! But, I hope that makes my stance a little clearer.

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!
Feast of St. Didacus

Oh, and here is a trailer for Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home