Sunday, November 05, 2006

updates and such...

Well, it has been a little while since I posted on here and I'm happy to see at least a couple of people have visited! That rocks!

Based on my graduation from Harvard in June, I've been thinking about the future a lot lately. I find out if I've been accepted to Teach for America via email sometime on Tuesday.

Additionally, my boss at the museum came to me and basically offered me a position as a Harvard Administrative Fellow for next year. This is really quite an honor...this year there are only 12 Administrative Fellows within the University as a whole. The program is set up to train/mentor minorities to go into higher education administration, so it is really right up my alley. I don't know what I'll do if I'm accepted to Teach for America.

It's good to have options though, right? Although, I feel a real sense of pressure trying to think about the future...this is the first time I've really thought outside of school (for myself) in over 10 years. It's good pressure, but pressure all the same.

Last night a bunch of us got together for a friends birthday and watched Jesus Christ Superstar (her birthday wish). I'd never seen it and the thing is really a joke...we laughed all the way through it! Just hanging out with friends was awesome...I need to do that more often. Harvard isn't the greatest place in the world, but I've made some truly awesome friends here.

I guess I just need to face the fact that Jesus loves me and I am very blessed!

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!
Feast of
Venerable Solanus Casey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home