Monday, September 24, 2007

Music Monday

She gives me a hat tip for giving her the idea for the so-called iPod Shuffle of the Week...well, I'm givin' a hat tip to Melessa for giving me a better name and a regular day to do it on!

I debut for your blog reading pleasure:

Music Monday

1. Do It Again. Point of Grace
2. This is Worth Fighting For. The Ink Spots
3. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. The Andrews Sisters
4. Real Emotions. Los Lonely Boys
5. My Toy Soldier. 50-Cent featuring Tony Yayo
6. A Cold Heart Turns. Rebecca St. James
7. The Love He has for You. Point of Grace
8. I Walk the Line. Los Lonely Boys
9. Mrs. Morgan. DC Talk
10. Men's Grass Dance. Eagle Claw

Now, I swear I put the first 10 songs that came up, and I definitely had it on shuffle...and that's what so weird. 2 Point of Grace songs, 2 Los Lonely Boys songs.

But, by far the weirdest of all are numbers 2 and 3 because those are both Big Band songs from the World War II era (hey, I grew up with my grandparents)...and what's on tv right now? Ken Burns' The War on PBS. I tell you it's just plain freaky!

The rules, for bloggers who want to play:
Get your iPod or media-player of choice set the thing to shuffle, then post the first ten songs that come out. No cheating, no matter how stupid it makes you feel!

Thanks Be to God and Boomer Sooner!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Nan said...

This blog came up on my Google alert for Los Lonely Boys! Couldn't resist the ipod shuffle invitation for first 10 songs, so here goes...
1. John Mayer - Why Georgia
2. Joe Jackson - Breaking Us in Two
3. Los Lonely Boys - Man to Beat
4. Los Lonely Boys - Dime Mi Amor
5. Sting - Fields of Gold
6. Steely Dan - Josie
7. Charanga Cakewalk - El Indio
8. Los Lonely Boys - ONDA (Live at the Fillmore)
9. Santana - El Corazon Manda
10. Bruce Cockburn - If I Had a Rocket Launcher

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger SoonerScotty said...

Hmm, that's quite interesting to know that something as seemingly random as me mentioning the "Los Lonely Boys" would trigger a Google Alert.

Wow, that makes me feel kinda powerful, Bwa-hahahaha! So, this is how I can take over the world...through Google Alerts!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

Thanks for the hat-tip, I love Los Lonely Boys, and what's a google alert? (Yes, it IS a miracle that I can maintain a daily blog.)

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Melessa Gregg said...

In case you missed it-I replied to your comment on my blog with this:

"Scotty-Maybe I will sign up, but will more users thwart your 'take over the world' plan?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home