Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm here!

Well, I made it to Ithaca on Wednesday and got moved in and stuff. The trip from Boston to Ithaca was pretty uneventful, though I did get lost in Boston for about an hour. I just spent two years in Boston but I never drove, so getting out of town was harder than I thought it was going to be. It's a good thing I chose to leave at 4:30 am to avoid traffic because I can't imagine being lost in Boston in a moving van trying to navigate through traffic. But, at any rate, I made it out of the city in about an hour.

The rest of the trip was really easy, one wrong turn outside of Albany, but I managed to make it to Ithaca and my apartment by noon which was my goal.

The apartment is nice and fairly spacious. My only complaints are there are no drawers in the kitchen or bathroom, plenty of cabinets, but no drawers, and the ceilings are really high, and finally it's a little dorm-like, but all in all it's ok. I haven't ventured out into the neighborhood yet, but it's within a block of city center and close to a shopping area in downtown Ithaca. It'll do alright for an initial place.

Started my new job on Thursday and it has been ok so far. I think I'm really going to like it. The people I've met so far are really keen and nice.

Well, that's an update for now. I'll try and post more later.

Thanks be to God and Boomer Sooner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home